I have not been active in the k-pop fandom for quite some time so color me surprised when my sister, my cousin, and I walked into Araneta and our seats were a little closer to the stage than before. I would also like to apologize because I am going to deviate from my usual sane posts and just go crazy with this one.
Super Junior has always had a special place in my heart. I guess that’s a given when you are first introduced to Dong Bang Shin Ki; knowing Super Junior is inevitable. When they announced that Manila would be part of the SS2 tour, I was too damn excited to even care about the ticket prices. That was short-lived, of course, since I didn’t have enough money to get the best seats in the house. After the tiring GEN-AD experience last year, we all decided that we would get better seats this year.
And we really did.
Though we still didn’t get the best seats, we got the best seats our money could buy. It was close enough to see their faces without looking at the monitors. I cannot even begin how happy we all were when we realized how close we were to the stage. It was like SHINee all over again.
At seven in the evening, the lights went out and everyone had their blue penlights on. I took pictures of them and I remembered how it was like last year. I remembered that I cried and I was touched beyond words. It was as beautiful as it was last year.
I can’t remember the exact order of the whole thing; I just remember parts of it. So like last year, let’s do it in a bulleted fashion. 😀
• Donghae started flying up the stage and I, along with thousands of people, started screaming. I started bouncing and just letting everything out. He looked like this magnificent angel coming out of the ground. He was handsome and beautiful.
• Leeteuk (and Sungmin, I later learned) flew up the stage, too. He had a basket with balloons and confetti. He kept throwing it down at everyone. He was smiling so wide that you just had to smile, too.
• Yesung and Donghae just kept on hitting each other, kept hugging and all that. They kept looking at each other while having these mini-duets. I swear 잠들고 싶어 (In My Dream) might be my favorite SJ song now. As much I love EunHae, I think I can really say that YeHae is my OTP.
• Speaking of EunHae, the EunHae stage was really, really hot. That is all. :Q______
• I really don’t like Justin Bieber but HENRY OMG HENRY. He was so amazing. He was so charming, so handsome, so hot, so great. Oh, Henry. *o*
• And I come to the highlight of the evening: YESUNG SINGING 너 아니면 안돼. I was so excited because he performed nearly at the end of the entire concert. Oh but when he performed! I had Rap’s camera clutched over my heart and I kept singing him the entire time. And then he did something more magical: HE ASKED US TO SING WITH HIM. If I remember correctly, he said, “Sing.” Yes, in English. And we all sang the second chorus with him and when we finished, he said, “Thanks, my fans.” In English again, yes! Oh, he kept smiling and smiling and that side smile! It was soooooo beautiful. I swear, June, if he becomes my bias, it’ll be all your fault. >P
• Yoriwang was funny. Like crazy funny. Unfortunately, Shindong got into an accident while he was taking his mushroom costume off. Siwon carried him backstage and everyone cheered them on.
• AND OH MY GOD LADY HEE HEE AND THE SINGLE LADIES PERFORMANCE. It was crazy awesome! I kept laughing and cheering and shouting. I loved every part of it. It was all kinds of win! \m/
• And how could I forget the TRAX performance. We didn’t expect them to sing anything other than that guest appearance in 돈 돈! so when they performed 오! 나의 여신님, we screamed and jumped and bounced and sang with them. Jay and Jungmo looked like they didn’t expect us to respond like that, and they were so happy that we did. I love them both, but Jay looked extra handsome. Really extra handsome.
• AND THAT SPECIAL KANGIN PERFORMANCE. Gah. That really made me cry. T____T I somehow wonder, though. How come they don’t so anything for Kibum? ;___;
• In this one performance, Yesung kept taking pictures of himself, the members and the crowd. I told Ginny: If he doesn’t tweet that later, I’ll be bugging him till he does! AND HE DID! \m/
I know a lot of other things happened, but these were the ones that really stuck. I haven’t been into k-pop lately and I think that made the occasion all the more special. Thank you once again, Super Junior. I might’ve missed Zhou Mi this time around, but it was still worth it. Next year’s goal: LOWER BOX and a really good point and shoot camera.
Till next year, Super Junior. Till next year. ♥